Eternity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternity

Server Warsong

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Priest PvP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Priest PvP Empty
PostSubject: Priest PvP   Priest PvP Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 5:57 pm

Alright, this is Nazalia. Its sad that nobody post here so ill begin.

I have no skill in pvp at the moment, but i'd like it to change. So i need someone to describe me the better spec for a priest (holy) in pvp. Also, if some poeple are interested to begin a team and the rating of the team dont botter them, lets make a team!! For now, the only pvp gear that i have on my priest is the robe season one so. I dont have alot of hp. Well thats it, wtb help for a pvp spec for holy priest.

Love you guys Razz
Back to top Go down
https://eternityguild.forummotion.com
Phalkor

Priest PvP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest PvP   Priest PvP Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:02 am

Well if you want to stay Holy for PvP you are going to want to invest a lot more points in Disc...

For a short while I did general arena/BG healing and with no resillience and relatively low healing, this was still pretty effective when I was healing my warlock/priest, priest/priest , hunter/priest, warlock/druid/priest combos. I can't tell you how many times the improved dispels saved a match.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/priest/talents.html?5052323100525002031351230500300000000000000000000000000000000000
Back to top Go down
devastatia

Priest PvP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest PvP   Priest PvP Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:42 pm

The strenght of healers, like all in pvp, lies in survivability. Like most pvp builds, you have to sacrifice some of the stuff that makes you great at pve for it. A very important part is gear, and with everyone buying honor gear, the climb up in ratings is no longer as easy as it used to be.

I can't tell you exactly how to spec, but my suggestion would be to go look at the ratings of the different brackets in ARMORY and see how the top priests spec for pvp (note: make sure theyre in pvp build when you decide to emulate them). After that, all thats left is practicing survival and dynamic healing by going to BGs and running into a bunch of alliance and see how long you can survive AND heal teammates while doing so. I've seen priests with 5-6 people on them not falling to any blows.

Anyway, Bgs will also help you get the gear you need to become competitive in arena, but remember not to play like the noobs in Battlegrounds. You're there to practice your skills and efficiency mostly, and when you're good enough, you'll be the reason your horde team wins most of your bgs anyway. If it starts to get boring, find a good and well geared player and run bg with him/her...You'll have your stuff in no time and will have fun doing so.
Back to top Go down
devastatia

Priest PvP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest PvP   Priest PvP Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 1:08 pm

one more thing..when you start an arena team (5v5), make sure you have good teammates that are decently geared to make up for some of your lack of resilience or you'll all get one shotted by people like me =) Have the best geared run up and start causing trouble first to maybe draw aggro. Successful or not, even if you only ever get 1400 rating, some points in arena every week is better than zero.

If you start at the beginning of a season, you'll have all you need in a few months and be totally geared before next season. You can do just as well with your season 2 shoulders if your team never tops 2000...Season 3 shoulders are a status symbol because they present the LEAST stat change in upgrade, but they sure are pretty =)

Good players are rare and if even one sucks, your team won't get as far as it could no matter how skilled you personally get, but don't get frustrated..when you surpass everyone in skill and gear, just stay with them until you decide you want your shoulders or maybe a gladiator dragon, lol. I'll be doing the same after i get my helm. I'll be needing my sword, and damn right, my shiny shoulders. Hopefully, they will step up and gear/skill up by then. PvP and PvE are the same in many aspects, one being that without progress, it's all a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Priest PvP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest PvP   Priest PvP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Priest PvP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternity :: PvP talk-
Jump to: